Candida is a yeast that lives in small numbers in most of us, kept under control by the good bacteria. However outside triggers can cause the candida to overgrow and transform it into its pathogenic fungus state. These candida cells then seek food and multiply, and release toxins into your body. It is these toxins that the body reacts to and many ways.
Candida overgrowth creates many symptoms, some physical like localized yeast infections, itching, inflammation, rashes and some are mental such as fogginess, poor memory, lack of concentration and depression. There are a couple of ways to go about treating candida depression, either using a doctor and taking something prescribed, or trying out home remedies for candida depression. This article focuses more on the home remedies for candida depression, but remember that when dealing with home remedies sometimes what works for some may not work for you so you might have to try a few before you get the right one for you.
Home remedies for candida depression
- St.John’s Wart. This is a natural herb that can be found in health food stores, and some pharmacies. It has been used for hundreds of years as a way to stabilize moods and many people today use it as a way to aid them through periods of anxiety or depression. It is not very expensive but it will help increase your positivity and help fight off the depression though it will not completely get rid of it.
- The second of the home remedies for candida depression is not an actual remedy more an order! Get out and get active. Sunlight helps stabilize moods, interacting with friends and family will help and having a hobby or something you do for yourself will also help. A pet is also worth considering, something to love and to love you unconditionally back. Stroking a pet can be a very therapeutic thing.
- Thirdly look at your diet as a way to deal with the actual candida overgrowth. There is no point in taking home remedies for candida depression if you don’t deal with the candida itself. A diet with no sugar, no refined foods or junk or processed foods, high in fiber, lean proteins, lots of water and lots of vegetables is the way to go.
- Neem oil is the fourth of the home remedies for candida depression. It has anti0fungal and anti-bacterial properties to deal with cause of the depression.
- Apple cider vinegar can also be used to treat the candida overgrowth.
- Tea tree oil used diluted is also effective for yeast infections.
- 5-hydroxy tryptamine known as 5HT is a compound made from a herb called griffinia simplicifolia. It helps in relaxation and mood stabilizing.
- High strength cod liver Oil has higher levels of Omega-3 nutrients which can help maintain a healthy state of mind as well as keeping your joints supple and flexible.
- Water – you need to drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins the Candida excretes when it has reached an overgrown state. These toxins are the cause of the depression you may be experiencing, so drink plenty every day.
There are other home remedies for candida depression such as green tea, holy basil, amla and brahmi if you wish to try them. For most people home remedies for candida depression are effective, but you should still talk to your doctor about your problem.