Diet in the prevention, control and treatment of internal candida is a very important thing and there are various things to consider. Supplements, cleansing, cutting out foods, and also including certain foods. Green foods for candida can play a key role in how successful you are. This does not just mean eating more lettuce, there are a lot more green foods than this that are good for you, so this article takes a look at some of these power foods, what they are and how green foods for candida can help. It also looks at other foods you should include in your diet, and a quick outline of ones to avoid.
Super Green Foods for candida
When talking about super green foods this is usually referring to green algae of which there are several kinds such as spirulina and chlorella. These are good to fight candida because as well as being great for detoxification they also help change the pH to being more alkaline which is an environment candida is not as fond of. Other foods like kelp or seaweed are the same, and they also have chlorophyll. This is in all green natural foods but especially these types. Chlorophyll fights fungal and bacterial infection and stops the candida from overgrowing. Seaweeds are also high in iodine and selenium which fight fungus. Another benefit of these foods is that they contain nutrients and amino acids that our body’s need, especially when we are fighting candida, as this is a time when we are usually lacking in nutrients.
Other foods to include
Other foods you can include in your diet to help are;
- Other leafy greens like spinach, kale and so on
- Organic vegetables (organic foods will not have toxins on them from weed sprays and so on).
- Natural live yogurts (sugar free)
- Raw garlic
- Raw salads
- Brown rice
- Limited servings of fruits as some are high in natural sugars
- Lots of water
- Oily fish
- Foods that are as close to their natural state as possible
Things to avoid
- Non-organic meats may contain traces of antibiotics
- Sugar in any form – read labels carefully there is a lot of hidden sugar out there
- Processed and packaged foods
- Refined food
- Some fruits
- All dried fruit
- Moldy cheeses