Men tend to believe that yeast infections are a female problem and those few that realize it is not think that better hygiene will cure them and prevent further infections. Because they neglect to treat their infection they become ill with complications internally and to their genitals. It is important that when you recognize the signs of Candidiasis you treat it straight away. However because of ignorance men are not acting as they need to and are suffering from these serious health issues that are avoidable. This article will offer you some information about yeast infections, how to recognize if you have it and your treatment options.
Symptoms of male yeast infection include:
- Sexual dysfunction – men suffer pain during sex or are completely unable to perform.
- Pain – during sex and when urinating. There can also be a burning sensation and the itching can make the shaft become raw and painful.
- Dry skin – that can also become flaky.
- Discharge – white and thick from the tip of the penis. Sometimes there is also an unpleasant odor.
- Digestive problems – indigestion, constipation, diarrhea, gas, bloating, bad breath and so on.
- Tiredness – feeling lethargic and no energy.
- Mood Swings – depression.
- Diet Changes – cravings for sweet foods like candy and cakes, refined carbs.
With such varied symptoms misdiagnosis is common, and with the amount of symptoms related to internal health it is important to treat there rather than just on the external part of the infection that shows.
Should you be showing any of these symptoms seek medical advice straight away for a proper exam and diagnosis. There are several treatment options you can choose from. Over the counter and prescripted medicines are fine though they do just offer temporary relief and come with unwanted side effects. They can also be expensive. Natural options are quite popular today as they are effective at treating symptoms while you work on making lifestyle changes to treat the core problem. They are also easy to use, cheap and do not have side effects to worry about.